Oscar the Grouch
My Oscar had gotten along fine with my 3" Bala Shark for 2 months. All of a sudden last night he grabbed him by the head & by morning the poor Bala was face first down an Oscar. I picked up a 5-incher today at PetSmart but in a few hours he was missing some scales. The Tinfoil Barbs nipped at him & even the fun-loving loaches took an interest in his caudals. He's now laying on his side at the bottom & the situation looks grim.
I suppose by lowering the temperature a couple degrees & holding back a bit of food to buy myself some time before the Oscar grows too large for the 18 gallon tank just isn't going to work. He is simply acting his species, voraciously eating anything edible that will fit into his mouth. He seems to become more & more territorial as time progresses. Maybe when he grows into a 5-pound monster I'll pan-fry the bitch.
Nah, he's cool & teaching me valuable aquarist lessons. Besides, he's the master over all he surveys & the highlight of the tank!
Anyone have a half stick of butter I can borrow? Mwuhahahaaa... >;)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home